Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Monday Chaos - I am the Master!

So.....everypup will enjoy this one.

Mom came home yesterday, all grumpy because of the stinky wet weather, as well as the fact that she and Dad just had a new patio put in....which required taking down part of the fence temporarily...which means that I always have to be on a lead...and guess what, pups - I REFUSE TO POOP ON A LEAD!!!!!

Oh yeah, not a chance. Take me to my poop zone all you want...I'm not gonna go if I'm hooked up to a darn thing. I don't wanna! Mom and Dad put a temporary hook in the ground just for the sole purpose of fooling me into thinking I'm not on a leash...which I'm starting to get used to...but it's still annoying! I don't hook them up to anything when they go to the bathroom! I want my yard back!!!! Furthermore...they DUG UP my original poop corner to put in the patio. Talk about ruining some great memories!

I was sitting in my crate during human dinner, since Mom's friend Mo broke my gate this weekend and they cannot sequester me in another room for the time being, and while Mom was cleaning up, she left the door to the garage open a smidge. And the actual garage door itself was open. And the kitties are sneaky. Mom rushed to kick it closed with her foot, and thought all was well. She let me back out, then went in the kitchen to bake cookies. But GUESS WHAT - the door to the garage was STILL OPEN - and the kitties ran out! They are not outdoor kitties...just indoor...so that is not a good thing. Loki ran in right away, but Bones was long gone. Mom and Dad ran around outside in the rain, in the dark, with a weak flashlight, looking for Bones...but she's black, so that was not easy. She was nowhere to be found. But...as you saw in yesterday's blog...I ALWAYS know where the kitties are, so they hooked me up to a lead and took me outside. All I wanted to do was lay down, so they hooked me up to the in-ground lead, and ran around the front one last time...

...and here's where the absolute stupidity of humans comes out to shine!

EVERYSIBE'S HUMAN KNOWS THAT YOU CANNOT LEAVE A SIBE UNATTENDED IN AN UN-FENCED ENVIRONMENT. A stake in the ground is not enough to hold a determined husky!! Not even for 3 minutes!!

So...I taught them a lesson.

Bones happened to be hiding in the bushes in the back, and as soon as my idiot people left, I started yelling at her for being outside. I wiggled out of my collar, broke free, and chased her into the front yard, where she disappeared into the night. Mom and Dad stood there stunned, while I did major zoomies in our yard, the neighbor's yard, all of the yards across the street, and even in the middle of the street. Mom was screaming, Dad was screaming at her to shut up, and I was laughing and running. Dad tackled me on the neighbor's porch and carried me back. I thought it was hilarious.

Mom was trying not to have a heart attack.

Bones was still gone. But she came back eventually :)

And I am back to looking out windows...waiting for the fence to be repaired.

I am full of tricks, and I want more treats!

Here is a jack-o-dog of me to enjoy:



Love,

Marls

6 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Humans are so slow to react when we catch them in a stupid moment! Lots-o-fun!!!

Kapp pack said...

Good job keeping your humans on their toes and teaching them a lesson!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Marley, you are one smart dog. You'll get your humans trained eventually!

Kat

Amici said...

Your parents are too young to have a heart attack! :P We're glad the kitties came back but too bad you had to scare your parents have to death. I almost escaped from my yard the other day too. Our leash on a run is getting rusty (all the different weather) and the clip isn't latching right. I showed my parents how I can run really fast and it will fall off. They haven't let me outside without them since and this weekend I heard them talking about getting a new one.

IndyPindy said...

Wow Marley, you sure taught your humans about Huskies and how clever they are! Good for you for helping to find Bones!

The Daily Echo said...

Woo! You really are giving it to them! You'd think they'd learn. Humans are SO easy!
ECHO