Monday, October 29, 2007

Introducing...

MY NEW BROTHER ZIGGY! Now...Mom would like to thank you for your input on the name. Unfortunately, Dad flat our vetoed Tango and threatened to name him Hester, after Devin Hester of the Chicago Bears, and we were not having that, so Ziggy (the #2 choice) it is. For those who don't know....Marley is named in part after Bob Marley, and Bob Marley's son's name is Ziggy Marley...so there is a theme here :)


Anyways, about my smelly, really stupid little brother...


He's smaller than I was when I first came to Mom and Dad. This is because he is two weeks younger (6 weeks). Logistically, this was apparently the best way for the breeder to get us to him, though my parents would have much preferred to have him at 8+ weeks. Those two weeks are huge in terms of development. That being said, he's really stupid and small. I like him a LOT, but he's not big enough to play with yet, so there is a lot of separation involved. Furthermore, he does three things: sleeps, cries, and POOPS!!!! EW!! I obviously am now and have always been way cuter, because I do much more Sibey things. My Mom assures me that he will grow up really soon, but I don't know. He's just so little.


Luckily, Mom decided to welcome him into the family by totally humiliating him, which I approve of:

Nothing says "love" like coming to your new home and being put into a pumpkin suit.
I'm tired. That bugger kept me (and Mom, and Dad) up all night. I need sleep.
CHOW!
Marls
P.S. Marley's Mom here, hijacking my boy's page! Marley really is having difficulty getting accustomed to Ziggy's small stature...he is definitely non-aggressive, but is overly eager to Sibe play while Zig is still wayyyy too small. Where is there a solution in this? All interaction thus far has either been with one in the crate/one out, or on-leash...but Ziggy is still quite intrigued by Marley and wants to run after him, only to get clobbered. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! You can email me at bethap (at) sbcglobal.net, or respond in the comments section (though don't be surprised if Marley flips out at me for taking over his blog)!
Thanks!

9 comments:

The Daily Echo said...

Hi MarLs - Echo heEr. I had to post tHiS mIseLf becaws Mom is two bizy sayng "AWWWWWWWW!". CuT mE a brAk! WatS tHE BiG dEEl? U pouR gUY.
ECHo

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Well, he's awful cute for a stupid little guy. Enjoy training him.

My Human say Ziggy Marley perform at a concert a bunch of years ago. He opened for the B-52's.

The Army of Four said...

Oh, Mars Bar! He's so cool! He looks like he might get freckles like you and Dave have! And a "Z" name - totally cool. Really.
The best part is you can help your mom train him. Like she can tell him "sit" and he'll totally ignore her - then you can sit and your mom with lavish you with praise and cookies. He'll learn to watch you to see what to do. That's what Storm did for me and Am. Wowzers, I hope Ziggy is as cool a brother for you as Dave is for me! Once he grows a bit, it'll be GREAT fun to play with him! Just give him a few months or so!
This is SO cool!
Welcome home, Ziggy!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Honest, having a brother is SO COOL!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I was going to say that he'll only be stupid for a little while, then I remembered Steve and decided that perhaps brothers are stupid for longer. You're a boy, maybe you know. At least he'll only be stinky for a little while. We were six weeks old when we came to our house too. Mom thinks it was a good thing that there were two of us so we still were able to get puppy socialization. However she says all the sleepless nights taking us outside were only somewhat offset by our cuteness. Whatever.

Kat

Kapp pack said...

Awwwwww....he's very cute!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh my dogness! What a cute little pumpkin... oh wait.. there is a sibe in that suit, ha roo!
Hugs,
Sitka

Khady Lynn said...

I almost chose the name Ziggy, cuz I got the Ziggy and Marley connection, but thought Tango was adorable too. I'm glad you went with Ziggy! Next, you can get a Malamute, and call it Whaler!!!

Cute pumpkin outfit!! Ziggy is totally ADORABLE!!!

Holly

Amici said...

We love the pumpkin outfit but we are a bit partial because that was Amici's first Halloween outfit. :)

Ziggy is a very cute name and a very adorable puppy!

We aren't sure on how to help you with the ramming into the little guy problem. Amici used to do that at the dog park a lot with the small dogs and puppies and I would pull him off and tell him no and then make him play in a different area (usually make him sit for a few minutes first). It helps a bit but I am not sure if it is trainer approved. :P

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh I am really late with all my comments and blogs, sorry, just read this one, as we wondered why Ziggy was called Ziggy.

My Jeannie (being a David Bowie fan - thought it was after Ziggy Stardust) so I am glad you proved her wrong.

Hope the pooping situation has calmed a bit now!

love and licks, Marvin xxxx