Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ziggy eats a lot, without moderation

So....yesterday, Loki - the cabinet-opener of our family - decided to open the treat cabinet in an effort to put an end to Ziggy. Ziggy, the growing pup that he is, really likes food. I mean REALLY likes food. A lot. So...while Dad was at work in the morning...and Mom was too...Ziggy went berserk in the treat cabinet and ate a bag of Eukanuba sample food, a bag of lamb supplements, my left-over prescription food from when I had my UTI, a box of Kong stuffin's (NOT the ones that say "Ziggies", either!!) and a bandanna. Ziggy subsequently blew up to over twice his normal size. Admittedly, he was actually larger than I was in his midsection. Lots of horka horka and messy poops ensued...and Ziggy had to go to the doctor's office. There, he sprayed poops on a greyhound, a 6 week old boxer pup and a collie mix with a REALLY creepy owner. They treated him for hours, and he's starting to shrink again, FINALLY. Mom was super worried about him, and so was Dad. Thanks to everyone who had their paws crossed for our Little Man.

Here are some pics of Z-man, before he consumed his body weight in food and treats:


I can fit under collapsible tables!

I like to eat snow, because my big brother does, and he's SO KHOOOOOL!!!

Later, I will post pics that Mom took of Ziggy after he gorged himself.

Woo!

Marls

7 comments:

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Oh Woo Zig-man, you have to eat in moderation, not to gorge yurself. Not good fur yur health. He's sure getting bigger from the pics.
-Cosmos & Juneau-

But yet again, who am I to give advice cuz I probably would't be able to stop either!!! -Juneau-

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What's up with Ziggy now? Is he doing better? I certainly hope so. I would hate for him to be the victim of another feline fiasco.

Kat (not cat or involved in feline fiascos, but I wouldn't put it past Wilbur)

Anonymous said...

Oh Zigs... I am sorry you are having to go through this. I am thinking alot about you and I hope you get well soon!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Z-dude! Chill lil' man! And get better soon! woo!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khome on woo two!

Let's khwit skharing your mom and dad like this!!

AND ALL OF US!!!

I do hope this will be yet ANOTHER lesson that khats khan be evil khritters - I'm just sayin'!

Wags&Wuv,
Khyra

Khady Lynn said...

I would probably have done the same amount of eating, given the chance. Minus the bandana. I have over eating issues too and would bloat myself right up if my food weren't regulated.

I sure hope the z-man gets better soon and his tummy goes back to normal!

Holly

The Daily Echo said...

Oh little dude - don't eat it all at once! Another lesson learned. Puppyhood is tough. Hope you're feeling better now. Sounds like that cat tricked you.
ECHO