Friday, January 25, 2008

I am quite the chef

Mom is really sick today - she was up all night hardly able to breathe. She's resting and taking lots of NyQuil today, and I thought I'd make her a nice lunch. So, I took out the pots and pans, and made some pasta.


I wanted to make sure that nothing went wrong, so I sat and waited for the water to boil:


Then Mom said, "Marley, a watched pot never boils..."


And I told her to go sit down and rest - I'd take care of it! And Ziggy was going to help, too!

But THEN she said "...and a watched Puppy never spoils."


And I completely ignored her, because I'm an independent big boy who does NOT need to be watched!

Woo,

Marls

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Marley... I LOVE pasta too and I LOVE to help mom cook it as well. I think the pic of you and Zigs by the stove is cute!!!
HUgs,
Sitka

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ah, that's not what I've heard!

Maybe THAT is more of those Internet rumours!!

Off to chekhk snope.com


Take Khare of your mom!

Wags & Wuv,
Khyra

The Daily Echo said...

Marley you're such a helpful guy! Make sure you and Ziggy keep Mom very warm so she gets better. And don't eat her tissues!
ECHO

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Sorry your human is sick. It was nice of you to cook, though. When I help in the kitchen, I help by stealing food!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What a great pup you are to make pasta for your mom! If I did, that, I'm not sure how much pasta my mom would actually get because I would probably have a hard time not eating it! Ziggy does look smaller than you in that picture, so your mom must have gotten the angle right! :-)

Steve

The Husky in the Window said...

The only thing I can help make is biscuits. Pasta sounds good! We hope your mom is feeling better.

Did Ziggy help any? Bella does not help either. But I do like pretending she's a live stuffie.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

The Army of Four said...

Wowzers, Marls! You are SO cool to cook pasta for your mom! Is it Rasta Pasta? Ha roo roo roo!
Isn't being on KP duty the BEST? I love to be in the kitchen!
Play bows,
Zim

Kapp pack said...

Did your mom like her dinner??? THat was very thoughtful of you!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Amici said...

Marls, you look like you are taking your cooking job quite seriously! :) Did it turn out good? We hope your Mom feels better. :)

Khady Lynn said...

Wow, that was sooo nice of you to cook for your sick mom! My dad can't even do that!

Holly