Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I like to eat things.


Destruction!!

Ha woo, everypup! Happy Tuesday! I am going buggy with excitement - the cicadas should be here any day now! Every other suburb of Chicago has been infested, so woos truly is patiently waiting...

I know I promised some pool pics, which I'll definitely get up soon, but today I feel compelled to share my love of destruction. Right now, I am in full blown destruction mode, mostly because I'm teething, and TEETHING STINKS. My humans tell me that I'm nearing the end, but I don't believe it. They ALWAYS hurt, and I ALWAYS want to chew on something...someone...ANYTHING, ANYBODY! Luckily I have my bully sticks, cuzes, kongs and nylabones...as well as my beloved duckie and sheep...but that isn't enough to quench my desire to eat everything. Over the last week, I even managed to eat my water bowl. I am super duper proud of that. I am not as interested in treats, though. Mom just bought me some all-natural cheddar and bacon treats...and no, too much work and not enough pressure on my poor teeth. Here I am staring at one before I shot it under the gate and into a cat. ~>

Anyhow, everything (except treats!) is fair game, including my tail. I do not know why it keeps following me everywhere I go. When I want to be alone, there it is, just waving behind me obnoxiously. It doesn't even listen to me when I catch it! I have decided to put much focus on capturing my tail and destroying it, as I'm running out of other things to destroy. Have any other pups been bothered by their tails following them all over the place like shadows? Did you destroy your tails? My humans tell me that I really shouldn't try to destroy it, and that it will never go away, but I do not believe them.

Happy (not!) tails,

Marls




8 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Chewing is so much fun! I still love to do it and I'm almost 3! And Samuel, who is 9, still has issues with his tail! He will chase it and try to catch it. He's very weird! Unfortunately for your humans, the chewing phase doesn't ever really go away. It's just a husky thing I guess.

Holly

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Our tails are still around. They are both good and bad. Good when I grab Steve's in my mouth to throw him to the ground during a chase and bad when he does the same to me!

Kat

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We forgot...

Our mom got the cookie recipe here:
http://www.dog-treat-recipe-exchange.com/

She made the basic dog cookie recipe and instead of making icing which has to be in the fridge, she used Wilton candy melts which are dog safe. They sell them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

Steve and Kat

Anonymous said...

woo! isn't it exciting the things you discover!!!! I went through a phase with my tail too! I even chewed the tip fur off. It mostly grew back.
Hugs,
Sitka

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My nephew Eddie, one of the D'Azulians, chewed off his tail fluff!

The Army of Four said...

Hey Marls: I don't remember about my tail. Hmm. Nope... can't remember.
Make sure you some to our blog today - Thursday! I got to answer your question!
Play bows,
Zim

Sooky said...

Hi Marley,
I like to destroy things too, I chewed up my moms dentures last weekend, She's not very happy.
Sooky

Peanut said...

Hmm well I only have a nubbie so I can't help you with the tail issue. Sorry