Sunday, September 16, 2007

Owie!!

Today has been very disappointing, everypup.

It started off great...woke up early after sleeping in the human bed (yay!)...went outside to potty, came in and played with squeekies, had some breakfast (with bananas - THANKS HOLLY!!)...all great stuff for a Sunday!

But then, it happened.

Mom took me for big walkies, and we went to Viking Park, as usual. We passed Roxy the Sibe's house on the way. Roxy was outside with her parents, and I was SO EXCITED! Mom and Roxy's parents decided that we could play a little bit on leash, so they brought us together, and then it happened....Roxy ATE my face!!!! LOOK:
I was so surprised that I cried a little bit and backed away. Roxy's Mom and Dad were really upset. I guess as Roxy is getting more mature (she's a dignified 11 year old lady!), she gets a bit jealous when other pups get attention around her, so she took it out on me. I guess Roxy and I won't be friends anymore - it's really sad! And my snout HURTS!!

So, Mom and I finished our walkies, then came home. Mom cleaned my wound so it wouldn't get infected and gave me some ice cubes to chew on (I love ice cubes!!) I was still pretty upset, so I decided to take advantage of the situation and sit on the top of the couch like a cat:



Then I got sick of being sad and attacked Mom with smiles and kisses (notice Dad in the background watching football...AGAIN):


By the way, pups - did you notice my new Lupine collar? I love it - it's a fall pattern! I love fall, and so does Mom!

We're off to PetSmart now to get some new toys - I guess this day isn't THAT bad, after all!

Licks,
Mars Bar

11 comments:

One Little Birdie said...

Wow, that collar is cool! Maybe we'll get that one for our next foster, whoever they may be. Guess they forgave you for the grill eating incident?

Khady Lynn said...

Oh Marley, I'm so sorry your friend attacked you! Maybe she was just having a bad day. I hope that doesn't keep you from playing in the future!

You got bananas??? Don't you just LOVE them?!!

Your new collar is very handsome! I like fall too, and am glad it is finally getting cooler out!

Holly

Kapp pack said...

It's not fun when other doggies don't play nice! Just like Canyon clawed my eye last week....so NOT fun!
Hope the trip to PetsMart made you feel better!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am sorry you got an ouchie! I have had a scratch on my nose before from my cat sister. I hope you feel better. Your new collar is AWESOME!!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Roxy must be like Kat... a big meanie head. I'm sorry you got hurt, but at least you got to go to Petsmart. Also I like the way you sit on the couch.

Steve

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

Uh oh, sorry about your face Marls! But I know my Big Brother Brock gets grumpy sometimes with other dogs too, especially when hes trapped on the leash. I wouldnt hold it against her. But sounds like your humom did a good job of making it up to you! NEW TOYS!!!

And styin' new collar!!

*Royal*

IndyPindy said...

Aw, poor Marly! At least it's just a little nick. I got an owie under my eye at day care once. The vet had to clean it and close it with tissue glue. It healed up real nice, I don't even have a scar. I bet you won't either, but if you do, my dad says "Chicks dig scars." I'm not sure what that means, but I guess it's a good thing!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

ooooh I hope your eaten face is better now, that looks and sounds painful!

I love ice cubes too!

love and licks, get well soon please!

Marvin xxxxx

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Marly, how is your beautiful face? I guess that other dog was having a bad day or something?
I like ice cubes too. Hope you are better.
Husky Hugs,
MayaMarie

IndyPindy said...

Hey Marly, I hope your face healed up. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

The Army of Four said...

Hi Marley! I hope your owie is better by now! I'm sure Roxy didn't mean to hurt you!
Your collar is SO nice! Dave said those colors look really great on you - that must mean they'd look good on me and Zimmie, too! Maybe we'll get new collars!
That picture of you on the couch is AWESOME! You look totally cool. Zim wants to try that = but we're not allowed on the couch. He said he might try it anyway. Oh, no!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Amber