Thursday, September 13, 2007

I am awesome.

Listen to this, pups...

This morning, I did something awesome. I Destroyed Expensive Human Property.

Oh, this was a doozy.

Mom let me out to go potty at 6 am, then had the audacity to jump in the shower in the meantime - WITHOUT FEEDING ME FIRST. WHAT!!!! I punished her as I saw fit, digging a massive hole in the *very* muddy ground. Then, when she came to feed me in her fresh work clothes, I went to give her a "two paws up!" greeting, right on her stomach! Unfortunately, she saw me coming, and closed the door before I could get to her. I left my signature on the door instead. She yelled something to Dad that sounded a lot like "KEVINGETOVERHERETHEMARSHASMUDALLOVERHIMANDI'MLATEFORWORKYOUGOTTACLEANHIMUP!!!"

And she left.

Did Dad come right away?

No.

He waited...half an hour.

So....I ate his Brand New Grill.

His Brand New, Never Used, Very Expensive Grill. I actually just yanked the cover off of it and chewed through a wire, but that still renders it unuseable.

Dad is pretty upset with me. I say it's sufficient punishment for gross negligence. We'll see if I'm ever ignored for that long again!!!!!

Proudly yours,
Mars Bar

12 comments:

The Daily Echo said...

Brilliant idea! Of course I'm only saying that because I'm miles away from your Mom right now and cannot feel her wrath. On the other paw....that would mean Dad can't cook out which would mean he can't drop things. Hmmmm.
ECHO

IndyPindy said...

Oh my, good thinking Marls! I bet they won't make you wait that long for your breadfast ever again!

IndyPindy said...

And hey, the doggie treat recipe book is done, your picture and recipe are in it!

Khady Lynn said...

LOL, that'll show em'!! Good for you! Bummer you missed getting your paws on your human woman though, that would have been pawsome!

Holly

Mike and Mati said...

Oh Woo. How could they? Well, I'm sure that they will be sure to stick to a schedule next time. Don't your bipeds know what the saying "creature of habit" means? I mean really. I wasn't in this house for one day before I got Dad to stick to a rigid walk schedule. (I didn't know that his schedule was a rigid as mine since he was doing it for Rocky already) - but in any case, if he was late - I told him so in my own little Husky way. He knows now. I don't have to tell him anymore. I'm sure your Mom and Dad feel real bad about the whole situation - because you had to get dirty and could have been hurt chewing thru that mean 'ol grill (ooops, i mean mean new grill) - in any case, I'm sure they are just happy you are safe and sound and forgive them. That's what love is and why we choose humans - because they know we love them - even after getting mad at them. They are still our people, and like me and Dad - I wouldn't trade him fur anyone. Give some licks to Mom and Dad to make sure they know you furgive them. Be careful Marls! Love Mati (and Rocky too).

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I've always heard that grills make great food!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Marley, you are awesome. That was great thinking on your feet. When a puppy needs to come inside, he (or she) needs to come in. And that means RIGHT NOW! We chewed the starter off our dad's grill but he can still light it with a match, so we aren't as good as you.

Steve and Kat

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Marly, you beat me in the destroying something and getting in trouble episodes. Wow! Next time, he's remember that us pups come first. It's the rule.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I sure hope there was a nice t-bone on that grill when you ate it. Nice job!
Hugs,
Sitka

Kapp pack said...

That's one way for payback....maybe I'll have to try that on Canyon....on second thought he likes mud too much. I don't think the grill was the best thing to destroy....it gives us lots of yummy meat....

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Amici said...

Whoa...my uncle would have been seriously angry if I did that to his grill. You are lucky you got off easy. Whew.

Maybe lots of licks and cuddles will make up for it?

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

Ha woowoowoo, nice work! Ive had to do some minor yet devestating damage to many an expensive human thing in my day. The humans sure learn fast!

*Royal*