Friday, April 4, 2008

Big 100!

Hawoo everypup!

Today is a special day for two reasons - the first is that it's my 100th POST! 100 wonderous posts of awesomeness! I still remember my very first one, even though I was just a wee baby!
I have decided to celebrate by sitting on my throne and playing with my favorite toy, the squeaky tennis ball bone. Note Ziggy in the lower right hand corner, looking super jealous!


A big thank-woo to everypuppy that has been so wonderful and supportive! You pups are the best!


Today is also important because my biped grandpa, my Mom's Dad, passed away 4 years ago today from brain cancer. Mom gets pretty sad around this time because she just misses him so much...especially now that she and my Dad are "expecting" a mini-biped to arrive in about 6 months!
I've heard lots of great things about my grandpa. He was a psychologist, a police commissioner, a pilot, a scuba diver, a patent-holder, a gardener, a handyman, an outdoorsman, a computer dude, a traveler, and the best husband and father in the world! Mom says that he was the smartest person she has ever met! That is so cool! He also really loved dogs, so I KNOW he and I would have gotten along fabulously. Mom tells me that she was very lucky to have such a supportive, loving Dad, and I sure can tell she means it. So, a moment of silence goes out to Mal Pettersen, the Best Dad On Earth. You are sorely missed.


Alright everypuppy. Have a good one!


Woo,


Marls


17 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow! Your grandpa sounds like he was an amazing guy! He did all those really cool things. I bet he could have even invented a contraption to keep Ziggy from being too annoying and gotten another patent!

Congrats to your mom and dad on the mini-biped. I have a feeling that if you think Ziggy is annoying, you ain't seen nothin' yet, as they say. :-)

Kat

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

PS: Congrats on 100 posts!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats on the post -

Khongrats and GOOD LUKHK on the bi-ped thingie -

AND we'll be thinkin' about the khool guy that helped make your momma what she is -

WOO get to finish his job and put the husky touch on her!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Wow Marls.. 100th post, that is pawsome. And the baby biped... way khool! I know you and Ziggy will have alot to teach the little pup! And your grandpa seemed like a cool guy. Thanks for sharing that about him.
Hugs,
Sitka

Kapp pack said...

Happy 100th post! So sorry to hear about your Mom's dad. He sounds like he was a great guy!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

The Daily Echo said...

Congratulations on the biped on the way! Hide your stuffies though....woo. We send husky hugs to Mom for the loss of your Grandpa. He sounds like a guy that could understand our husky way of thinking. We're quite sure you've been keeping him busy watching over all of your antics.
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Congrats on #100!! Ha ROOO! I'm so proud of you, Marls!
And congrats on the future food-dropper. I mean baby biped. Sorry.
Thank you for sharing the story of your grandpa with us! He sounds like a VERY special guy! You and Ziggy need to do what it takes to help your mom. Extra nose licks, new cute poses, mischief that can make her only laugh. Well, OK, maybe not that last one. But give her a lick on the nose for me, OK?
Play bows,
Zim

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Congrats on the 100th. I think it would help your human feel better if you let her squeak the tennis bone for a little while.

Putz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thor said...

Congrats on the small biped! Mama says she is still working on a blanket for the baby. And we send soft woos on the loss of your grandpa. We lost our grandma too, so we understand.

Woos,
Thor

Khady Lynn said...

Your grandpa sounds like a wonderful person. I'm so sorry he is no longer around. My human lost her father when he was only 51 to throat cancer, and missed seeing his first grand child by only 18 days (mom's neice). It was very sad, so my mom knows how your mom must feel. I am sending hugs to your mom.

And congrats on your 100th post!!!!

Holly

Indy said...

Marls, congrats on your 100th post!

Please give your mom some Husky kisses for me. Sounds like her dad was a super guy!

Indy

Anonymous said...

happy belated 100th post

lots of licks

candi
xox

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Marls,

Congrats to woo on yur 100th post! And, congrats to yur mommy & daddy on the upcoming arrival of the mini-biped.

-Cosmos & Juneau-

BenTheRotti said...

Hi :)

It was great to meet you at the chat pawty! Congratulations on 100 posts!!

Your Grandad sounds like a wonderful man. Mum & Dad understand how your Mom feels as we lost my Grandad last year very suddenly and Mum & Dad miss him heaps.

*hugs* to you all

Ben xxxxx

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Army of Four said...

Ha roo, Marls! I tagged you in a cool, new game! Stop by for details!
Oh... and don't worry. The SZK School of Siberian Studies is NOTHING to be worried about. Your MOM might worry, but not you. Ha roo roo roo!!!
Play bows,
Zim