Monday, May 21, 2007

The Art of Tunneling



What a great weekend! Saturday was super hot (gross), but Mom, Aunt Erica and I went on a really great hike in the forest preserve (trees = shade = much less gross)...followed by car rides and bonfire fun at night. We even popped a tent and slept outside in the back yard! This provided me with the perfect opportunity to further improve my digging skills. As I have mentioned before, I am currently working on my Masters of Hole-Diggership, and I am a very studious pup. I take advantage of every possible opportunity to refine my skills. You'll see to the left, I'm making sure that my wheelbarrow has plenty of space to store excess dirt, in the event that I make it to my goal location of China. Unfortunately, there was a bunch of wood in it, so I had to work on a much smaller scale...though the thought of stealing tasty logs from the humans later on was definitely an incentive to get the job done sooner. I pretended to be big sleepies under my Dad's chair, and once the humans were safely oblivious to my actions, I started my work. Unfortunately, I only got about 10 seconds into the job when I was discovered, but I continued in fine form with hopes that Mom would be VERY impressed. Clearly, she was, as she took a picture of my work, seen at right.
Have a great week, everypup!
Marls

8 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Good job! Digging is great fun wherever you are!

Khady Lynn said...

Digging is cool!! Looks like you are sure doing a great job at it!
And kudos to your human for not getting mad!

Holly

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

wow! I like the sound of your Masters degree, sounds so much better than plain "digging another hole"!!!!!!!!

love and licks, Marv xxxx

Peanut said...

You will make it to china yet.

The Army of Four said...

I can dig it, Marls! Woo.
Luv,
Dave

The Daily Echo said...

Whoa...you're a great digger Marls! Lemme know if you find China. Do they have treats there??
ECHO

IndyPindy said...

Wow, you are geting darker! Good work - keep trying, sooner or later those humans will let their guards down!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Great job on the digging, Marley. I am really impressed. I bet if you dug a hole to Texas, then we could work together on digging a hole to China. I am good at digging too. Maybe we could meet in the middle like Missouri or something. Then Turbo could help us dig too.

Kat